Yes, most airlines provide you compensation for your canceled or delayed flights with them. By doing so, the airlines try to ease the trouble that your face because of flight delays/cancelations. However, the amount of compensation, which is better known as a refund depends on various factors. Here, we will look into such factors for two airlines – Delta and Frontier.
So, let’s begin with Delta Airlines’ cancellation policy to know about the compensation and the underlying terms and conditions.
What is Delta Airlines Cancellation Policy?
To get a refund on a canceled Delta flight ticket, you have to keep some conditions in mind. Here are some of those:
- You have booked a refundable ticket.
- The airline cancels your flight or delays it for over 20 minutes.
- You cancel your ticket within 24 hours, which you purchased from Delta Airlines directly.
- Circumstances that prevent you to board your flight. However such circumstances are at the airline’s discretion.
- You have any of the following privileges:
- Delta Platinum or Diamond Medallion membership with an award ticket
- A sudden military deployment order with valid documents
- The demise of a travel companion with documents/proofs.
For more details, call 1 (800) 221-1212.
You can get a full refund on your cancelation in the following circumstances.
What is The Flight Cancellation Policy of Frontier Airlines?
Frontier Airlines has recently revised its cancellation policy. According to it, you can cancel a flight ticket and get a refund on it. However, there are different factors that determine a refund. And there are particular eligibility criteria that you have to meet.
So, let’s go through an overview of Frontier Airlines’ cancellation policy . Here, you will see under which conditions, you are entitled to get a refund for your flight cancelation.
- Let’s begin with the 24-hour cancelation policy of Frontier Airlines. According to it, if you have canceled a flight ticket within 24 hours of purchase, you can get a full refund on it. However, you have to make sure that the ticket purchased is for a flight, scheduled to depart at least after 7 days.
- You have booked the WORKS bundle. So, you have a refundable ticket. However, you cancel your flight tickets due to certain circumstances.
- If your flight is canceled or delayed for more than 3 hours, you can request a refund on any unused portion of your ticket.
- You cancel your standard ticket, minimum 2 months (60 days) before the departure of the scheduled flight.
- If you have an award ticket for the Last Seat, you can cancel it before the flight departure.
- You cancel your award ticket almost 180 days prior to the flight’s scheduled departure.
- If the airline’s flight is canceled because of circumstances beyond its control like weather conditions, you can either –
- Request a refund of your ticket’s unused portion or
- Catch the next flight available
- If you have to cancel your flight ticket under situations such as the death, serious health problem of a co-passenger/ family member, etc.
- Apart from the above reasons, if you cancel your flight, you have to pay a cancellation fee to the airline. Your ticket fare and the travel class chose to determine the amount charged for flight cancelation.
To know more, dial 1 (801) 401-9000.
Therefore, you can now go ahead and request a refund if your flight is delayed or canceled. Just like Delta Airlines’ cancellation policy, every airline has designed a smart policy for your convenience. And still, if you need more details, a representative of the respective airline is just a call away.