QuickBooks Error 6177 is the most common error that usually occurs while opening the QuickBooks Desktop application. Also, it might take place when you use the wrong company file location to open the company file and fail to do so. Another reason that might trigger the error is an outdated version of the QB Desktop application. However, there are several other reasons along with the troubleshooting solutions that are discussed ahead in this blog.
Thinking how to deal with QuickBooks Error 6177 and want immediate assistance to fix it? Well, don’t panic and get in touch with our highly qualified experts by dialing the QuickBooks Error Support Helpline Number +1(855)-738-0359 and get instant solutions within no time possible.
Troubleshooting Methods to Fix QuickBooks Company File Error 6177 0
Here we have listed some of the easy troubleshooting solutions that will help you fix QuickBooks Company File Error 6177.
Case 1: If you are not using the full version of QuickBooks Desktop
If you haven’t installed the full version of QuickBooks Desktop then you must go through the steps listed below. But before you begin to fix the QuickBooks Error 6177 make sure that you have updated QB as per the most recently launched version.
Method 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop:-
Intuit launches updates on regular intervals, so that the users can experience the better performance of the application. But, if you haven’t updated the QB application up to the latest release you won’t be able to access some of its advanced and latest features. And thus, might end up with QuickBooks Error 6177. Therefore, to resolve the error, it is necessary to update the application as per the latest release.
Method 2: Update Your File Location:
If you have stored the company file in different locations that QB cannot find, such as: on the server, an external hard drive, or in the cloud. Then, in that case, you must have to change the location using the steps listed below:-
Note: You are supposed to perform these steps on the server computer. But in case you don’t have access to the server computer then perform these steps on one of your workstations.
- Click on the Windows icon and type “File Explorer” within the text field.
- As a result, File Explorer opens up and then you have to locate the QuickBooks folder.
- Once you get the QuickBooks folder search for your company file having the file extension .QBW.
- After that, you are required to note down the drive name and location where the company file is stored.
- Next, you have to transfer the company file to the C: drive.
- (Note:- while transferring the company file make sure that you have moved the file, not the entire folder)
Create a portable company file and restore it to your server.
Once you have transferred the company file to the local C: drive then you have to keep the backup of the company file. To do so, you have to create a portable company file which is the compact version of the file. And then you have to restore it to your server.
Method 3: Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool:-
At times, users might get stuck with QuickBooks Error 6177 due to damaged or corrupt company files. Due to which you are required to repair the damage in the company file. To do so you have to download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. Once you run the tool, it will scan and then clean up all your company files. By doing so, your location refreshes and thus it will help you in resolving the error.
Method 4: File the File Path Manually:
Find your .ND file
The Network data file (.ND) is the configuration file that enables you to open the company file over the network. But, if you delete these configuration files before opening QuickBooks then it forces it to create a new copy of the file that might resolve QuickBooks Error 6177 while accessing the company file.
- Open the File Explorer on your server computer and then look for the QuickBooks folder.
- From the QuickBooks folder, look for the company file having the .ND file extension.
- Once you get the file, right-click on it and then click the Delete option. Note: While deleting the .ND file the company dta remains safe it won’t get affected.
Configure QB Database Server Manager
- If you haven’t already, then first you have to download and then install the QB Database Server Manager.
- Click on the Start icon type “Database” within the search bar and then open QB Database server Manager.
- Choose the QB folder that consists of your company file and click Start Scan.
- Once the scanning process gets completed, select Close and then set your folder permissions to share your company files.
- Open QB on all your workstations and check whether the issue is resolved.
Also Read Related Blog Top Business Post
Case 2: Using the Full Version of QuickBooks Desktop
Step 1: Reset Multi-User Hosting:-
- Firstly, open QB Desktop on your server computer and then go to File menu > Utilities.
- Thereafter, choose the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option and then click Yes to confirm.
- Once again, move to the File menu and click the Quit QuickBooks option to reset your hosting settings.
- Open the QB Desktop once again and click File menu > Utilities.
- Click on the Host Multi-user Access and click Yes for the confirmation.
- In the end, click the File menu followed by the Quit QuickBooks.
Step 2: Transfer your company file to the server’s local drive
In case, your company file is not on your server’s local C: drive, move it and then create a portable company file.
Step 3: Create a New Folder for QuickBooks:
- At first, open the Windows File Explorer by pressing the Windows + E keys altogether.
- Thereafter, create a new folder on the server’s local C: drive and give it a recognizable name.
- Then, you have to copy everything to the QB folder including your new portable company file and then paste it into the new folder.
Step 4: Re-open QuickBooks:
- Firstly, open QuickBooks and then click the Open or restore an existing company instead of selecting a company from the list.
- Then, choose a company file and then select Next.
- Open the portable company file (QBM) that you have transferred to the new folder.
Get Professional Help!!
We hope that the aforementioned solutions will definitely help you to deal with QuickBooks Error Code 6177 . However, in case you are still unable to fix the error due to some reasons then we suggest you to get in touch with our experts by dialing the Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number +1(855)-738-0359. Our experts are available 24*7 to help you out in the best possible way within the least time possible.