Friday, June 2, 2023
HomeLifestyleTravelHow To Convert Your Tourist Visa To A Work Permit in Canada

How To Convert Your Tourist Visa To A Work Permit in Canada

For only 6 months, a tourist visa is the quickest way to sightsee, visit family, or enjoy the many attractions Canada has to offer. But what if your intention after visiting is to stay indefinitely? How is it possible to convert this into a work permit in Canada if it is only possible in very specific cases such as spousal sponsorship, refugee, and so on?

Even if you don’t meet any of the above criteria, we’ll show you how to do it legally and correctly! Continue reading to learn more about visitor visa Canada.

Option 1: Look for Work on a Tourist Visa.

Tourists are not permitted to work in Canada during their six-month visit, but did you know it is legal to apply for jobs in Canada while you are there?

There is no law stating that you cannot look for work while in Canada, so this is an excellent opportunity for you to find a Canadian employer in your area or even online who can provide you with a job offer. You will also be able to participate in in-person interviews, which will increase your chances of getting the job! It’s also important to remember that some jobs may not require work permits.

To gain a better understanding of which jobs are more likely to provide work permits, search the current list of in-demand jobs in Canada. If your expertise is on the list, you have a good chance of getting a work permit!

Looking for job opportunities online is another quick and easy way to obtain a work permit while in Canada. Simply enter your current location to find nearby businesses. There you can easily schedule face-to-face interviews within a few business days.

Option 2: Change your tourist visa to a student visa (Best Option)

Choosing a study program is the best way to convert your Canadian tourist visa to a work visa. This allows them to work while attending school for up to 20 hours per week, greatly increasing your chances of working in Canada after graduation and your Canadian work experience!

By selecting this option, you will have a better chance of obtaining a work permit in Canada. Also, applying for permanent residency than if you simply come to Canada and begin looking for work, which may take you up to your six-month stay in total.

Here’s How You Can Apply:

1: Consult with a legal and knowledgeable immigration consultancy, such as CanadaCIS, about the next steps after your visit to Canada.

2: Follow our step-by-step instructions and gather all of the required documentation to apply for an acceptance letter from any of Canada’s Designated Learning Institutions.

3: With our assistance, apply to your preferred course and college from the DLI List.

4: Obtain your acceptance letter from your preferred college and apply for your study permit.

5: Get your Study Permit and start working part-time while attending a Canadian college.

Employment in Canada Following Graduation

If you want to convert your Canada tourist visa into a work permit. Then you must apply for a Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP). Within 180 days of graduating from college, you can apply for a PGWP.

  • You have successfully completed your course/program.
  • Give the name of your study program and the length of your course.

Please provide one of the following to verify this:

  • Diploma or degree
  • Your record transcript
  • Your college’s official letter

Do you believe either of these two options is feasible? If so, begin the process of converting your tourist visa to a work permit today with the assistance and guidance of CanadaCIS! When you’ve entrusted your immigration process to the right people, nothing is impossible. So, what’s holding you back? Begin now and visa Canada work permit this year!

- Advertisment -
Google search engine

Most Popular

Recent Comments