“This company file is on another computer, and Quickbooks needs some help connecting” or “Quickbooks Error H202”, both of these are the usual error messages that will flash on your screen when you run into this error code. This usually happens when you are switching Quickbooks to multi-user mode. And when you see this error it means, you are unable to establish the connection with your server device where you have stored the QBW (Quickbooks Company Files).
In other words when you see Quickbooks Error Code H202 on your device it indicates that your host or server device is unable to establish a connection with the workstation. And when you will not be able to access the company files, you won’t be able to execute a lot of processes. So, in this article you will be knowing the in-depth things about Error Code H202.
What are the symptoms of Quickbooks Error H202?
It is already known that Quickbooks Error H202 is caused when you are unable to establish a connection with the company files. But there are certain conditions that might cause this problem. Some of the common ones are given below.
- When the hosting configuration settings are incorrect.
- The incoming and outgoing or either of two is blocked by the computer firewall’s server.
- If there is a conflict with the server of DNS.
- Quickbooks is not able to obtain the IP address of the server or host system that has the company file.
- When the internal services of Quickbooks like QuickBooksDBXX or QBCFMonitor aren’t running on the server computer.
- You might be facing Quickbooks Error H202 maybe because the (.ND) files are damaged or corrupt due to some reason.
Also Read: QuickBooks Crash Com Error
How can you solve Error Code H202 QuickBooks and get back to the seamless working experience on Quickbooks?
You just need to follow a few quick steps in order to get back to the seamless working experience of Quickbooks. Correctly executing them will help in resolving error code h202 quickbooks.
Step 1: Download and install the Quickbooks Tool Hub
You will have to download and then install the Quickbooks Tool Hub on the server device to fix this problem. And it is preferred to get the latest 64-bit hub. Keep your hub up-to-date if you already have it. Here is how you can do that.
- Close your Quickbooks and then download the recent version of “Quickbooks Tool Hub.”
- Make the download file location easily accessible so that you have no difficulties in the steps onwards.
- Once downloaded, open the file which is (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Post that all you will have to do is follow the steps on-screen and then at the end, simply agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once all of this is finished, you will have to double-click on the Quickbooks Tool Hub icon on your desktop and open it.
Step 2: Run the Quickbooks database server manager on the server device using the tool hub
To eliminate the h202 error quickbooks you will have to run the Quickbooks database server manager as per the given steps.
- After opening the tool hub, click “Network Issues.”
- Now select “Quickbooks database server manager” to open it. If that’s not on your server just install it.
- After this, click on “Start Scan” if you are unable to see the company file folders simply browse it.
- With the help of Quickbooks Database Server Manager, your firewall permissions will be automatically repaired. And when the scan finished, just click “close.”
- Now, open Quickbooks on your workstation and select “File” and “Switch to multi-user mode.”
- If you are using the server computer as your workstation; check it too.
With that said, you won’t face Quickbooks Error H202 because it is now resolved. But, if you still aren’t able to follow the solutions correctly. Or you are not able to determine the cause. We are here to help you out. Don’t worry even a bit, simply drop a query on our website so that our technical experts will connect with you as soon as possible +1(855)-738-0359.