Kidney stone: Common condition that requires the right care
The prevalence rate of kidney and ureteral stones are common. One of the stats has shown that around 1 in 10 people face this condition. Therefore, it’s essential to live a proper and healthy lifestyle to let yourself deal with problematic situations. It might seem uncomfortable, and there can be painful due to the stone. And that’s what makes it imperative to look for a renowned Urologist in Ludhiana. The urologist will inform you about the possible treatment plan essential for kidney stone treatment.
Right treatment requires addressing the causes of kidney stone
Kidney and ureteral stones can happen to anyone. Most importantly, the stone can negatively impact the chemical balance in urine and increases further chances of stone formation. Therefore, it’s important that you are on time to consult the Kidney Specialist in Punjab. Some of the possible causes of kidney stones are:
- Past family history
- Not getting enough fluid every day. That’s won’t make the minerals dissolved properly and can take the form of crystallized stone
- Excess intake of protein diet that’s the reason for stone formation
- Excess intake of salt that causes the urine level to be higher and increases the chances of stone formation.
- Urinary passage got blocked due to benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- Hyperthyroidism leads to increased chances of forming calcium in the urine.
- The body begins to absorb more calcium than what’s required. The condition is called absorptive hypercalciuria, which triggers stone formation.
- Bowel disorders like gastric issues, Crohn’s disease, and gastric problem
- The body begins to excrete excess calcium in the form of urine.
Don’t ignore the symptoms of kidney stones
A few common symptoms suggest you visit the Kidney Hospital in Ludhiana to get proper medical assistance. Some of the signs of kidney stone are:
- Excess pain in the back that goes to the lower abdominal area. It further goes to the groin region.
- Feeling nauseous
- Vomiting and dizziness
- Higher fever or chills that might occur with UTI (Urinary tract infection)
Detailed diagnosis of kidney stone is imperative
Proper diagnosis of kidney stones is essential to point out, ‘How severe the condition is?’ In case someone complains about blood in the urine or severe pain, then the kidney doctor asks to get:
These tests are essential to see the kidney stone size and location of the stone. If the diagnosis does not give clarification then the doctor suggests you get the CT scan. In some cases, the exact cause of stone formation will be known through blood and urine tests.
Advanced and safe treatment for kidney stone
The kidney stone treatment follows a personalized approach by properly checking the following:
- Stone size
- Stone location
- Total number of stone
- Stone composition
- Checking medical history
- Patient preference
The advanced kidney stone treatment plan includes several options like:
Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL), Ureteroscopy (URS), Percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PNL), and Open Surgery.
Looking for medical assistance?
If you are worried about the problem of kidney stone then visit Khosla Stone Kidney & Surgical Centre to seek the most advanced and compassionate care.