Billions of people use the Outlook application every day. However, on configuring an IMAP email account in it, you might get Outlook error 0X800CCC0E. The problem arises when you are checking a mail in the subscribe folders on your account. Also known as the send receive error, it prevents users from accessing and sending fresh emails.
Usually, you will face this error when working offline. Conflict with security software and the presence of suspicious emails from unreliable sources are also probable causes for it. But you shouldn’t assume that you cannot fix it. In this post, you’ll find some easy steps to eliminate the problem.
Resolutions for Outlook Error 0X800CCC0E
The error can arise when Outlook doesn’t authenticate your account while you are sending an email. Here are some good workarounds to employ.
1. Resolve the Error by Authenticating your Account
To fix this send receive error outlook , you can allow Outlook to authenticate your account. Here are the points you should follow.
- Navigate to Outlook and choose ‘Accounts.’
- From here, select ‘Properties’ followed by ‘Folders.’
- In this section, place a tick on the option ‘My server requires authentication.’
- Now, input your full email address along with the password of your Outlook account.
- Lastly, hit the ‘Apply’ button followed by ‘Accept.’
- Now, attempt to send an email. You will not face the send receive error anymore.
2. Examine the Server Port Number
Sometimes, the wrong server port leads to an SMTP authentication error. In such a situation, you should modify the port number.
- Launch Outlook and head to ‘File.’
- From here, choose ‘Tools’ followed by ‘Account Settings.’
- In Account Settings, tap the ‘Email’ tab.
- From the list, double-tap your email account.
- Tap ‘More settings’ in the ‘Change Account’ window.
- Tap the ‘Advanced’ tab in the window of ‘Internet Email Settings.’
- Modify the outgoing server (SMTP) value.
- Put it as 587.
- To apply the changes made, tap ‘OK.’
- Now begin Outlook again and see if the error is resolved.
3. Uninstall Incompatible add-ins
Incompatible add-ins create various problems with Outlook. So, whenever you encounter the outlook send receive error , its best to uninstall them.
- Open the Outlook application in safe mode by writing Outlook.exe/safe in the ‘Run’ box.
- When you press Enter, Outlook will begin in safe mode.
- Head to ‘File’ and from there to ‘Options.’
- Now, opt for ‘Add-ins’ and hit ‘Go.’
- You can disable all add-ins by unchecking them one by one.
- After that, restart the application. You can send or receive any message and test if this resolution worked for you.
4. Resolve the Conflict with Firewall and Antivirus Software
Antivirus protection obstructs the incoming or outgoing server. It is essential to resolve the conflict between your antivirus software and the server, so you can send and receive emails in Outlook.
Head to the website of your antivirus manufacturer. Find how you can create compatibility between antivirus in Outlook. Apart from an antivirus, the firewall can also block Outlook’s executable file. So, disable the firewall rules and see if this error message disappears.
5. Repair Microsoft Outlook
Corrupt or damaged Outlook files are likely to interrupt the working of this application. It includes the error 0X800CCC0E.
- Launch Control Panel and tap ‘MS Office.’
- Tap ‘Change’ present at the top.
- Choose ‘Repair’ or ‘Quick Repair.’
- After that, tap ‘Repair.’
- Once the repair completes, start your system again.
- Launch Outlook and see if the error has been fixed.
Not being able to send and receive messages in Outlook isn’t something that any email user would want to face. The Outlook error 0X800CCC0E can be fixed in many. Use these resolutions and find the best remedy. If you don’t have time to fix the error by yourself, connect with an email technical support professional.