Traveling with pets is more common than ever today. Travelers adore taking flight with their animal companions, whether it be a dog, cat, or even a bird. Flying with furries is growing in popularity as the number of pet owners rises. But if you are thinking about taking them along in your journey, then there are some tips you should know. And if it is with Spirit Airlines, you are going to love your overall journey. Spirit is an amazing airline that provides the lowest possible airfare for you and your pet. There are super easy ways to get them along in a cabin with you. However, you must adhere to certain laws and requirements when you book and bring your pet to the airport. Check below to know more about taking your pet on Spirit Airlines flights.
- You can take Domestic cats, Domestic dogs, and Small household birds (except to/from Puerto Rico). Further, you may also take small domestic rabbits (except to/from Puerto Rico) with you on the plane.
- Your furry should be fully weaned and should be at least eight weeks old. Like other airlines, Spirit has policies about the temperament and health of your pet.
- Your pet, for instance, must be unharmful, inoffensive, odorless, and undemanding of any care during the trip.
- Wash your pet or take them to the groomer a few days before your departure. It will ensure that they are clean and presentable.
- Your pet will be taken away if it acts rudely or creates a commotion before passing the gate.
- One faces the danger of having their pet turned away if it occasionally exhibits extreme behavior, such as incessant barking.
- Additionally, your pet can’t fly if it becomes unwell, violent, or physically distressed. Remember, you know your pet’s temperament better. So, you should use caution when determining whether or not your pet is suitable for travel.
Requirements for pet carriers:
Your pet carrier’s overall dimensions (L x W x H) cannot be greater than 18 x 14 x 9 inches. The maximum combined weight of the pet and carrier is 40 pounds (18.14KG). You may keep up to two dogs in the container, and you can only bring one container. It’s crucial to remember that the animal must always stay inside the container. They should get enough space to be able to stand up and turn around inside it. Therefore, be sure that there is enough room for your pet or pets inside the container. Your container must receive approval from Spirit Airlines to board the aircraft. You may only bring soft containers inside the cabin. However, those that allow pets’ heads to remain outside are not authorized. Lastly, the animal will count as one piece of carry-on luggage plus one.
Spirit Airlines Booking for your Pets:
To bring a pet in the cabin with you, Spirit Airlines charges a fee of $125 one-way. The airline only allows six pet carriers for each aircraft. So it’s preferable to reserve a spot for your pet as soon as you can. Contact Spirit directly to add a pet to your reservation. The Spirit Airlines pet policy further stipulates that you must check in at the ticket counter at the airport. The airline’s employee will look over your pet and its container when you get to the ticket desk.
The catch: Avoid the fees via the below methods:
Using the appropriate credit card is one of the simplest ways to avoid pet fees while making Spirit Airlines reservations. The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card is a terrific choice for general travel expenses. Since airline pet fees sometimes qualify as travel expenses, points earned with the card can be applied to these fees. Further, Chase Sapphire Reserve offers $300 credits that can be applied to almost any travel-related expense, including pet costs. There are many other travel credit cards that you may use to deduct the pet fees, so google about it.
Be aware that Spirit Carriers does not permit your pet to fly in the checked baggage area. Pets must therefore join you in the cabin on your Spirit Airlines flights. Additionally, call their Guest Service at 1.855.728.3555 to access further details if you have any major queries.