People who face QuickBooks Crash Com Error know how frustrating this can become. Not being able to access the full potential of Quickbooks, facing lag in the software, and so much more happens at times. And in times like this, people look for easy and quick solutions to get their work back on track. If this happens with you, there will be certain operations that will be hindered like sending invoices, accessing company files, and even while running payroll.
Usually people get the error message of “Com Error” in a small crash window on the screen. And that’s not it, if you do not get the solution to this problem it will also create problems in execution of other operations in Quickbooks. So, here we have everything you must know about the QuickBooks Crash Com Error including the ways to resolve the problem quickly.
What can be the reason for the QuickBooks Crash Com Error?
The first thing to troubleshoot Crash Com Error in Quickbooks is to know the exact reason that’s causing it on your device. And to do that, you will have to check from the list given below.
- This majorly happens due to the incorrect or improper installation or downloading of Quickbooks Desktop.
- Also, when your device is infected with malware or virus.
- When an important QB file gets deleted accidentally while you are working in this software.
What all things can be done in order to resolve QuickBooks Crash Com Error?
Any of the above-given reasons could be causing the error on your device. But once you figure out the correct reason, here is what all can be done to resolve it. You can try out these solutions to get rid of crash com error in Quickbooks.
Solution 1: Updating Quickbooks Desktop
Start by checking whether there are any Quickbooks Desktop updates or not. This is a quick and easy way of troubleshooting the problem. Here is how you can do it. Follow these steps to put your Quickbooks Desktop on “Automatic Update”
- Navigate to the “Help” menu in Quickbooks and then click on “Update QuickBooks Desktop.”
- Then head to the “Update Now” tab and then click on “reset update” that will clear all the tabs.
- Then select “Get Updates” and initiate downloading.
- When it’s done, quickly restart Quickbooks and install the updates as prompted in the message box.
- Once all of this is done, reboot your device and enjoy the error free software.
Also Read Related Blog: QuickBooks Error Code 6177
Solution 2: Try running Quickbooks in compatibility mode
The next way of resolving this issue quickly is to run it in compatibility mode. Follow these steps to do that.
- Start by right-clicking on Quickbooks and then selecting “Properties.”
- Now check the “Compatibility Tab” and click on “Run this program in compatibility mode.”
- Then from the dropdown you will have to select “Windows 7” and then “Run this program as an administrator.”
- Post that click on “Apply” and then “Ok.”
Other than this, our team of experts is here 24×7 to help you with your errors and problems in Quickbooks. Be it QuickBooks Crash Com Error or any other in the software; we are here to help you with quick and easy solutions. In this case, if you need any further assistance or support- kindly reach out to us on the number that’s given on our website. Our team members will respond to your calls and guide you through every step.