Mercari is a well-liked online marketplace, Mercari makes it simple for users to buy and sell new and used items. Selling on Mercari is quite easy but you need to pay attention at some point if you want it more efficacious, especially for first-time sellers. With proper preparation, you can make lots of money by selling products on this platform.
Ratings and reviews feedback in Mercari play a very important role, it increases your sales in comparison to other online selling platforms like eBay, Poshmark, or Etsy.
Creating and deactivating a Mercari account is very easy.
So, Let’s find out below how to sell on Mercari and how to succeed.
How to Sell on Mercari?
To Get Started Selling on Mercari, Follow These Steps:
- Sign Up: Create an account by visiting the Mercari website.
- Make a list of your items: When you are listing your items, there are three things you should keep in mind: taking good pictures, giving a detailed description of the item, and charging a fair price.
- Hold off on purchasing: Be patient because getting your first purchase may take some time.
- How to pack your items: To prevent any damage during shipping, ensure that the items you sell are securely packed.
- Dispatch your goods: Within three business days of the purchase date, ship the items to the customer. Make sure to log in to your Mercari account and confirm that the product has been shipped.
- Earn cash: After receiving the item, the buyer has three days to verify that it is as described. Mercari will ask you to rate the buyer and deposit the money from the sale into your Mercari account once the item is approved by the buyer or the three-day period ends. You can either use the money from the sale to make purchases on Mercari or request a transfer to your bank account from there.
What kind of Products Can’t you Sell on Mercari?
Mercari claims that it is a place to buy and sell nearly anything, but there are things that Mercari restricts you to sell. These things are:
- Items that are false or misleading.
- Things that could harm Mercari’s reputation.
- Products that typically cannot be paid for with a credit card or electronic funds transfer
- Items that pose a significant threat of chargebacks, harm, liability, or monetary penalties.
Simply put, you are able to sell those items on Mercari if it is legal or doesn’t cause any harm.
How much does it cost to sell things on Mercari?
Seller fees are charged by all major online marketplaces. Therefore, it is not surprising that Mercari does as well. The costs you might have to pay are listed below.
- Cost for listing: Listing your products on Mercari is completely free.
- Fee on final sale: For each completed transaction, you will be charged a minimum of 10% of the total price. Sadly, the business does not have a maximum price. This indicates that the company could receive all of the sale’s proceeds, despite the fact that this is highly unlikely.
- Fee for processing payments: A payment processing fee of 2.9% of the transaction’s total value, plus $0.50, will also be charged to you.
- Direct deposits: If the total is greater than $10, direct deposits from Mercari are free. There will be a $2 fee if it is less than $10. If your financial institution rejects your direct deposit, you’ll also have to pay a $2 fee.
- Instant Pay: You will have to pay $2 for each transfer if you want instant access to your funds.
Does Mercari Provide Protection for Sellers?
Yes, seller protection is provided by Mercari. This security includes:
- Guaranteed payment: Mercari promises to pay you for the items you sell as long as you deliver them on time and in the manner described.
- Security for shipping: Mercari will assist with the cost if your item is damaged during shipping. With each purchase, the company provides $200 in transit-related damage coverage.
- No in-person meeting: When you sell on Mercari, you never have to meet with customers in person. When you sell on Mercari, you get an even greater sense of security because of this.
Is Selling on Mercari Worth It?
On the homepage of the website, discounts of up to 70% off retail are advertised. If you’re selling used items that you just want to get rid of, that might be fine with you. On the other hand, if you want to sell products you make, you might have trouble making a lot of money while still meeting Mercari’s pricing expectations.
How do you get started selling on Mercari?
Mercari’s advice is the best way to sell on the platform. These techniques include:
- Photograph effectively: When your products are clearly visible to customers, they are more likely to be purchased.
- Describe your product in detail: Make the effort to ensure that your product description accurately explains the item’s features and benefits to potential customers.
- Fair prices: Find a fair price for your items by looking at other listings that are similar to yours.
In conclusion, selling gently used items on Mercari is a great way to make extra money and get your house in order. To begin, visit Mercari right now.