Bone marrow transplant (BMT) is a special procedure that helps people who have damaged bone marrow. Bone marrow is soft and fatty tissue inside the bone. It helps make the blood cell in the bone. However, when it gets damaged, it needs a bone marrow transplant. Also known as BMT, the doctor takes cells from the bone marrow in this procedure. Then give them back to the patient or someone else who needs them. Also, before BMT, the doctor treats the person’s bone marrow to kill the damaged cells. Afterward, give healthy bone marrow cells to the person in need.
When Do You Need Bone Marrow Transplant?
A bone marrow transplant is good for more than just replacing worn-out marrows. bone marrow transplant cost in India It also rejuvenates a new immune system that can fight diseases like leukemia and other cancers and prevent genetic diseases. In fact, people who get a bone marrow transplant can get rid of diseases like leukemia, solid tumor cancers, multiple myelomas, severe aplastic anemia, immune deficiency disorders, and sickle cell anemia.
The bone marrow transplant doctors in India treat many people who need a new transplant each year. They want to give their patients the best bone marrow transplant treatment and help them recover faster. Doctors who perform bone marrow transplants in India have much experience and knowledge. They also belong to many medical groups both in the country and worldwide. Also, they stay up to date on new treatments and how to use them. They have received a lot of awards and recognition for their work.
What Makes India the Preferred Destination for Bone Marrow Transplant
Many of the best hospitals in Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, and Mumbai offer BMT treatment. Moreover, the reasons India is the most desired location for bone marrow transplant are:
- Many hospitals in India have multiple certifications from both national and international groups. These are JCI, NABH, ISQua, and many more. These accreditations mean that the hospital provides the best patient services and treatment.
- In India, a bone marrow transplant involves a team of specialists. These include hematologists, hemato-oncologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, pediatric hematologists, and more. They are highly skilled and experts in their respective fields.
- Cost-effective healthcare packages are a big draw for people from other countries. Moreover, the doctors have access to high-tech tools and equipment, resulting in high success rates. Going to India on a medical visa can save you a lot of money for the same treatment in other countries, like the UK and the US.
- Because India has top-notch infrastructure and the best medical technology, it’s a popular place for people to go for medical tourism.
People Also, like to Read this: Can ED Come Back After Treatment?
Popular Indian Hospitals offering Bone Marrow Transplant Treatment
India houses many top hospitals that offer BMT treatment. The following are the names and locations of these hospitals.
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
- Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
- Apollo Gleneagles Hospital, Kolkata
- Manipal Hospital (Old Airport Road) Bangalore
- Apollo Hospitals, Jubilee Hills Hyderabad
- Fortis Hospital, Bangalore (Bannerghatta Road)
- Fortis Malar Hospital, Chennai
- Medanta – The Medicity, Gurgaon
- Apollo Hospitals, Mumbai
- Fortis Hospital, Noida
- Apollo Hospital (Bannerghatta Road) Bangalore
- MIOT International, Chennai, and a lot more.
People in India pay between $15,000 and $40,000 for a bone marrow transplant cost in India. However, the cost will depend on which BMT procedure you have been told to do. On the other hand, autologous and allogeneic bone marrow transplants are the most common ways to treat blood disorders or cancers with bone marrow transplants.
Find The Best Hospital, Surgeon, and Package at Lyfboat
If you are looking for the best hospital, surgeon, and packages for your treatment, Lyfboat has got you covered! Lyfboat.com has links with hospitals and physicians all around the world. Many of your provider selection options will be influenced by geography and provider specializations. We carefully choose each hospital, and only globally approved institutions are included to ensure that you receive the highest possible standard of treatment. Patients may register a free account on Lyfboat and use it to do independent research for hospitals and physicians based on their specific requirements and preferences. Patients do not have to pay anything to Lyfboat in order to take advantage of its services. To read more about our health blogs, please visit our website.